Thursday, October 30, 2014

An End To Blogging?

Accepted Readers,

I know I've been MIA for a while and I want to take the time to explain why. I've been thinking about giving up blogging... I know I know... crazy right? I originally started this blog to help promote authors. I do this so other readers can discover books that they never knew were available. I wanted to share the joy that books genuinely bring me.  I will always continue to do that even if I do decide to quit blogging. I may take an extended break after the holidays and see where things go. Sometimes I feel like I do this for myself and that no one is reading or interested in what I post. I've been blogging for over 2 years now and it seems like everything is at a standstill and honestly I only have myself to blame. Maybe if I was more dedicated or maybe if I did something different things would improve, but that's the problem... I'm not sure what to do. I'm just feeling so discouraged. 


This is where you come in... I need your input. Yes you. Without you guys, the readers.... this blog would be nothing. I appreciate every one of you that have stuck around with me for this long. I want to know what you want to see this blog become. Do you think I should continue doing what I currently do or try something different? Do you think it is for the best that I leave the blogging community? I want your honest opinion.

PS:
I have fallen REALLY behind on my review requests and plan on catching up on them within the next few months. I'll be putting together a post that will have a list of all the books that I have requests for and hope to read ASAP. So until that list is completely checked off, you will still be hearing from me.

3 comments:

  1. Since I have so recently begun to follow you, I'm not sure I can give you much input. I understand how it can often feel like we're just talking to ourselves, and maybe a short "vacation" will be just what you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate to see you leave blogging. You have such a unique voice in the book world and I enjoy reading your reviews. That being said, I think you need to follow your heart. If you just don't have it in you, maybe a break would help get your passion and excitement back. Whatever you decide, I'll totally support you. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hate to see you stop... but I can empathize of course. I mean, I spent most of the last few months doubting whether I should just give up on writing and what a hopeless endeavor it all is, that nobody actually takes notice and I'm clearly not as talented as I thought I was. It's just a stupid uphill struggle all the time for most people and what we do is compare ourselves with the exceptions and wish we were them, right?

    I don't know, in the end you have to decide. I mean we all have lives outside the internet and reading and writing reviews takes up time, I know that. But maybe you could try some ways of motivating yourself first... like give the blog a sleek new look that makes you excited to post in it, or contact some other blogs for a christmas party with lots of giveaways that bring you all new followers etc.
    Or you could syndicate your reviews, join a big, review site as a reviewer as they are always looking for people and post your stuff in both places. You could make new contacts, learn from them how they got successful etc. and in the meantime actually have your reviews read?

    And as for the reviews you still owe, screw'em lol including me. That's just making everything worse, as this big pile of reminders that you are behind and all the things you have to get through until stuff is back to normal. So say it's back to normal now, only read what you want to read from now on. Lots of other bloggers do, they take books and you never hear from them again, and you know that's okay, too. :)

    So in the end, if you love reviewing books, you can always make some changes to make it more satisfying. But if you actually don't enjoy it anymore then I'd say go, do what makes you happy, you know? :)
    *love Laila

    ReplyDelete