Thursday, September 11, 2014

*AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT+INTERVIEW* L.C. Spoering

Accepted Readers,

It is my pleasure to introduce you to author L.C. Spoering! Today will cover everything L.C. with a bonus author interview where I asked her all about her newest release At The Edge of the World.

 Are you ready to meet your next favorite author?!


I've read two books from L.C. Spoering, here are the links to my reviews:
L.C. Spoering (generally known as Lorrie) lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband, kids, and too many pets. She has a degree in English writing from University of Colorado, and a lesser degree in sarcasm earned from the days of yore on AOL. A storyteller since she started talking, she now spends her days writing, reading and contemplating the universe through various pop culture lenses.

Lilt Literary links: Lilt Literary | Facebook | Twitter | Podcast

NEWEST RELEASE

At the Edge of the World

Released: August 26, 2014  
Format: E-book (Paperback Coming Soon)
Genre: YA, Magical Realism, Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance 
Length: 52,000 words // 107 pages.

Format: E-book
Price: $3.99
Buy Links: | Amazon | Amazon UK |

Lost in the chaos of Venice Beach, among the homegrown freaks and weirdos, the tourists and life’s forgotten people, one runaway is just another face in the crowd—and this is just how Shane likes it. Torn between the home he left behind and lure of the ocean he ran to, something has tied his fates to the beach, and he is not the only one.

She is a famous mystery: the Venice Skater Chick. Shane has loved her since his first night on the beach. Others are watching her, too—and at least one wants her dead.

A mystery unfolds between the famed boardwalk, a dusty record store, a cramped apartment and a hidden cave. Under the gathering storms, Shane makes a desperate attempt to protect the girl he loves, and the life waiting for him on the other side.

AFTER LIFE LESSONS
After Life Lessons (#1)
Laila Blake & L.C. Spoering 
  
Released: April 8, 2014
Format: E-book & Paperback (POD)
Genre: Post-Apoc Romance, Adult
Length: 81,000 words/ 330 pages

Price: E-book $3.99 / 
Paperback: $12.59
Buy Links: | AmazonAmazon UK | Kobo | Smashwords
  
Hulking shadows emerge out of the chaotic flurries of the blizzard. Something is dying, and so they come, like vultures.

After months of struggling south to escape the zombie-infested remains of New York, a snowstorm traps 23-year old artist, Emily, and her son in an abandoned gas station. Starving and desperate, they encounter Aaron, an Army medic on a mission of his own, who offers them a ride to ease the journey.

The road is a long and dangerous place to travel, and every day brings a new threat. But fear and adrenaline also drive the two closer together; they find laughter and a budding attraction that starts to thaw at their numb and deadened feelings. And that’s when the pain really starts to hit, when places long thought lost prickle back to life. Eventually, they will have to fight not just for survival, but for a future together, or their broken world will swallow them whole.

 Warnings: Contains language some might find offensive, some gore and situations of a sexual nature.

Book Links:
 | Goodreads | Lilt Literary | Pinterest Board

 

After Life Lessons- The Interlude (#1.5)

Released: August 12th, 2014
Format: E-book
Genre: Post-Apoc Romance, Adult
Length: 95 pages

Price: $2.99
Buy Links: | Amazon | Amazon UK | Kobo

At long last, Emily, Aaron and Song have found a home on the small farm in Kentucky where Annika took them in. Knowing nothing of the trials and journeys that lie ahead of them, they can allow themselves to heal - in mind and body - as they become farmers and gatherers, as they become a family.

After Life Lessons - The Interlude offers nine snapshots of their lives from the perspectives of the different characters. It paints their present and digs up their past, and leads the reader through two years of rest, until Aaron, Emily and Song are ready for their next adventure in After Life Lessons - Book Two. 


 Sign up for the Lilt Literary Newsletter
 for a free copy of After Life Lessons- The Interlude (#1.5)
Anthologies Featuring L.C. Spoering

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Hi Lorrie, thanks for stopping by Accepted Wisdom today!
 
1.      Let’s start easy… can you tell us a little bit about At the Edge of the World?
At the Edge of the World tells the story of Shane, a teenage runaway, who falls in love with a mysterious girl at Venice Beach. It turns out he is not the only one fascinated with her, and the mystery of her origin, and her life on the beach. Soon Shane is caught up in a rather tangled web of love and, possibly, murder.
 
2.      Which character in At the Edge of the World is your favorite? (I adore Shane!)
Trey is my favorite! I didn't realize when I was writing him how much I would like him, and have a kernel of an idea of a prequel featuring him.
 
3.      What made you decide to write a paranormal romance?
I think, especially as teenagers, we're all more interested in the lives that are lived parallel to ours rather than our own life. Magic, too, is also something I remember being unable to get enough of when I was young. The idea of falling in love with a paranormal creature, and leading a life different from your own is definitely enticing.
 
4.      What was the biggest challenge you faced while writing At the Edge of the World?
I tend to get "lit ficcy"-- I start getting maybe too into the structure of the story, and how it's told, how it feels. ATEOTW has a pretty strong plot, and I have a harder time keeping on top of plot-driven novels.
 
5.      I loved that you chose Venice as the setting of your book; I think it was the perfect choice! So tell us… do you have a favorite freak show act?
I've never been to an actual freak show, but my favorite episode of The X-Files was the one with The Jim Rose Circus. I think I most love contortionists-- I'm jealous of that sort of ability!
 
6.      Let’s talk about Maya, the mysterious skater chick and Shane’s love interest. I was half-way through the book before I was able to figure out what she really was…you really kept me guessing! Is it okay to share what she is? Or is that meant to be a secret that should be revealed only by reading the book?
I think it's allowed, lol. I read a lot of myths and fables about the origins of her kind and tried to infuse them into the book.
  
7.      Quick! Tell us 3 things about yourself that some people may consider strange! Ready, Set, Go!
1) I have double-jointed toes.
2) I keep a small flock of chickens in my back yard.
3) I've never seen Titanic.
 
8.      What advice would you give to someone who is a runaway like Shane?
I don't know, really. Shane ran away because he thought he had no other choice. Maybe I'd tell him, or someone like him, there is someone, somewhere, who will believe your truths. You don't need to hide.
 
9.      What are some of your upcoming projects that you would like to share with us?
Laila Blake and I are about halfway through writing After Life Lessons, Book Two, for release early next year. Own my own, I've been working on a paranormal dystopian teen mystery (all the things!) and some character-focused stories about women my own age.
 
10.   Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! Would you like to add anything else before we go?
I hope your readers take a look at ATEOTW, and enjoy the world of Shane and Maya. It was fun to write, and, I think, a lot of fun to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment