Monday, October 28, 2013

Hele's Top 5: Fears

 Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Accepted Readers,

In the spirit of Halloween, I thought it would be a great idea to do a Hele's Top 5 that goes along with the spookiness of the season. Halloween and fear usually go hand and hand, so here are the things that scare the living crap outta me!

1. CLOWNS
I have always been terrified of clowns. Circus clowns to be specific. My fear is so irrational because I have no idea why they scare me. I think it's the huge red nose, giant shoes, outfit, and the painted on smile. Well, okay everything about them freaks me out. For goodness sake, serial killer John Wayne Gacy performed as a clown at kids parties in his spare time! If I happen to see a clown, I will literally freeze up; have panic attacks, and sometimes even cry.

The strange thing I'm not afraid of mimes and I love The Insane Clown Posse (ICP), their face paint doesn't scare me. 
2. 
Spiders 
& Centipedes
I'm going to sound like such a girl here, but eww I hate spiders and centipedes. Any other type of insect or creepy crawly I'm usually okay with. I even play with other certain types of bugs. (Gross I know, but some of them are awesome) Let a spider or centipede come along, I will be gone within a matter of seconds. So quickly in fact, you would think my bum was on fire. Yep, I'm not even man enough to kill them.
3. Something Lurking In The Dark
I just recently realized that I had this fear... a fear of something/someone sneaking up on me while I'm lying down in a dark room or when I come home late at night. I'm always peering into dark alleyways to make sure nothing is waiting in the shadows to get me and never let any part of my body hang off the bed. (That way nothing/no one can grab me)

Ever turn out the lights in your bedroom and notice strange shadows that you can't figure out what they are? I'm pretty sure that's the reason I've developed this fear. It's not the darkness I'm afraid of;  I'm scared of whatever may be hidden by it.
4. Raw Meat

Now don't get me wrong, I love a good cheeseburger or a skinless chicken breast... just don't expect me to prepare it. I refuse to touch raw meat with my bare hands. I hate the way it looks and feels, it's disgusting! My fear is of the bacteria that live in meat... it's some nasty stuff.
5. My Demise
Ever since I was a young child, I've been terrified of dying. The thought of what happens after death still plagues me often. If I knew what to expect I wouldn't be so bothered by it, not knowing is truly scary. I honestly wish I was immoral! 

Your Turn
So now it's your turn... tell me your fears! Do you have some of the same ones as me? I would love to know! Leave a comment below... that's if your not too afraid =-P

No comments:

Post a Comment