Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dreadful Snowy Weather

The Christmas season is over, so why are we still having dreadful snowy weather? It's the middle of March and here in Indiana we are getting more snow then we did in December. I'm beginning to think we should change the order of months. February could be the new December and March the new January. It could totally be believable.

Spring is supposed to be 8 days away and yet we woke up to at least 5 inches of snow, possibly more due to drifting. The wind is bitterly cold making the nearly 30 degree weather feels closer to negative digits. My desire for warmer weather is becoming quite insatiable.
 
The roads are treacherous not only because of the snow and ice but beware of the hidden potholes... they are the deadliest. I had to be at work by 6 a.m., so I had to deal with unplowed streets and massive snowflakes still falling. The worst combination to pair with the freaking potholes, I'm shocked I managed to avoid blowing out a tire or two. I did invent a slew of new phrases to use. (Damn you son of a biscuit, what the hell ass monkey...you can suck it. Is one of my new favorites)

I'm annoyed because the snow was almost all melted yesterday and now it's back with a vengeance. I can almost bet that by the time I leave work the snow will be melting again. (It was.) It's like Mother Nature is having a serious case of PMS and the woman needs to chill out... like now. Snow, rain, and ever changing temperatures just aren't cutting it anymore. It's coming to the point that I'm confused on what to wear; I may need a heavy winter jacket with warm clothing by day and no jacket with shorts at night.

Things could be worst for me though, at least my city isn't experiencing power outages. I've heard many neighboring cities are... My heart goes out to them. I do slightly wish the electricity would go out at my work so I could go home and take a nap. I can dream can't I?

Please my friends, if you live in an area that is being hit by the snow... be safe. Drive slowly; take your frustration out by cursing at the potholes or snow... Trust me it works like a charm. Just remember this hopefully will be the last storm before Spring comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment