Friday, March 28, 2014

Painting Abnegation Style

Accepted Readers,

I worked 10 hours today. (6 at my regular job and 4 at my side job) Sometimes in my spare time I lend a hand to my step dad and help him with cleaning up/fixing houses. He pays me even when I tell him he doesn't have to, he just simply says I've worked hard and deserve it. 

I literally painted Abnegation style today because I was helping him (being selfless) and we happened to be painting a basement floor a dull shade of grey. (The color the faction members wear) I was also wearing grey pants. The whole time I was painting I kept thinking about Divergent. I'm such a nerd, I know. I even went on a 15 minute talking spree with my step dad telling him all about the book and how the paint color reminded me of it. Of course I had to break down what all the factions were and all the other notable must know details. He just politely stood there listening to me and tried to show interest. I'm not sure he could even understand me considering the 6 cups of coffee I had were causing me run my mouth a 100 miles a minute. Regardless, at least he showed effort. In the end, he may be a bit more Abnegation then I originally thought him to be. He has always seemed more Candor to me, but I digress. 

I'm just getting home so I have to rush and get ready for my date night with my boyfriend. Hopefully I don't collapse on the floor  in a heap of pain. Who would have thought that painting a floor would work so many muscles. (My forearms, shoulders, hips, knees, and even my bum hurts.) I'm terrified that all the caffeine I've ingested today is keeping the pain at bay and I'm waiting for the moment it wears off to really feel the burn. I so am not looking forward to that. 

 
Anyways, so tell me...before I go I have a question to ask all of you. What activity have you done in real life that has reminded you of a book you read? Tell me the book and what you were doing that made you think of it... I may just give the person with the best answer a special prize... =-P
Leave a comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment