Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Inspiring With Words (Day 4 #31dbc)

Accepted Readers,

Today is day 4 of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge. I was inspired by a fellow blogger, Cindy Jones Lantier, to share a few words of wisdom and quotes with you. I encourage you to click her name so you can see her video, my source of inspiration. 

Words are a powerful weapon. They can encourage and enlighten when used correctly. They can be embarrassing and hurtful when used in spite. They can tug at your every emotion. I try to be mindful of the words that escape my lips, but sometimes I say things I regret. Nobody is perfect and mistakes are meant to be forgiven. 

Here is a list of quotes that reassure me in my times of doubt and uplift me when I have fallen. I hope they can become your ammo against dreary days.  


"I can only be me, take it or leave it, because it's all I can ever be." -- One of my personal quotes... hence my username: icanonlybehele3 (Hele is my nickname)


"Don't cry because you are leaving, smile because you were there." -- Unknown
 

 "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up." -- Jesse Jackson


"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I...I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." -- Excerpt from the poem The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost


"It's not enough to speak, but to speak true." 
-- William Shakespeare 


"Nothing changes, if nothing changes." --Unknown


"I Hope I Die For A Principle or A Belief that I had Lived 4" -- Excerpt from In The Event of My Demise (A poem by Tupac Shakur)


"It is a happiness to wonder, -- it is a happiness to dream." 
-- Edgar Allan Poe


“We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.” ― C. JoyBell C.


 “Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.”  -- Richard Bach, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah


 The quotes above are some of my favorites I've found throughout my life. Each represents an important value I have on life and the experiences I have gained from it. 

Now I want to hear from you! 
Leave a comment telling me:
What are some of your favorite quotes? 

4 comments:

  1. Those are some good quotes! Here is one of my fave quotes by Marianne Williamson:

    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hele,

    Thanks for this great post! My favorites:

    "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
    ~ Carl Jung

    "There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my very favourite quotes and that I try to remind myself of as often as I can is "We do not see things the way they are. We see them the way WE are." But I don't know who it's from :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hele,

    Words are so powerful, aren't they? One of the first quotes I heard as a child was from my father, who said to me, "This, too, shall pass." And I remember my uncle telling me, "Never judge a man unless you walk a mile in his moccasins."

    ReplyDelete