Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Book Buying Tag

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Accepted Readers,

I found this tag on YouTube and it looked so fun that I wanted to do it also. It is an older tag but I haven't seen it around too much. It was created by a YouTuber Megan Olivier and you can find her video by clicking here. Since I don't currently have a video camera I've decided to do a blogger version of this tag. Enjoy <3
1. Where do you buy your books from?
I buy book from anywhere they are available .I do mean just about anywhere including:

-Various major retail stores such as  Walmart, Kmart, and Meijer

-Independent and Mayor book stores such as Barnes & Nobles, Disc Replay, and other small owned shops

-Online websites such as Amazon,  Ebay, Barnes & Nobles, BookOutlet, and The Book Depository

-Yard Sales, Library Book Sales, 2nd hand stores
2. Do you ever pre-order books and if so do you do this in store or online?
No. I have never pre-ordered any books. I seldom have the chance to read a book as soon as I buy it.
3. On average, how many books do you buy a month?
Oh my, this is a hard question for me because it various. Are we talking just physical books or adding in e-books as well? If I combine both, I would say I buy an average 15-20 a month.
4. Do you use your local library?
No, I haven't used a library in years other than to purchase books from the sales they have. The last time I used the library I think I was in 10th grade.
5. If so,  how many books can you/do you borrow at a time?
I don't but when I used to, I remember being able to borrow up to 10 and I would borrow that exact amount every time. lol.
6. What is your opinion on library books?
It's a great idea really, just not for me. I get possessive of books I enjoy and find it rather difficult to have to return them.  I also don't like the time limits; it makes me feel like I have to rush. The lack of copies libraries offer is another downfall for me, most books I want to read are already checked out and are on wait lists.
7. How do you feel about charity shop/second hand books?
I love love love them! I would say over 75% of the books on my shelves are from second hand stores. As long as they are in acceptable conditions, I have no issue with them. I usually try to find most books I want used unless it's a newer release that I need like ASAP.

Fun Fact: My local library has a book sale room that is opened every day and I'm a frequent shopper there. So much in fact, they know me by name now. lol.
8. Do you keep your read and TBR pile together/on the same book shelf or not?
My book shelves look like ground zero of a disaster site. The only books with a special shelf are my favorite  books I've read. The rest are just wherever they will fit. I own 4 book shelves that nearly touch my ceiling, all of which are filled to the brim with books. I also have a table that sits in front of my shelves that has stacks of books piled on it along with 2 plastic bins filled with more. 

Don't even get me started on all the books on my Kindle and Nook.  That is whole other type of problem. *bows head in shame*

Fun Fact: I hope to reorganize my shelves soon but seriously need to enlist in the help of a few people. It's that bad.
9. Do you plan to read all of the books that you own?
I certainly hope so but I'm not sure I will be able to. The sheer amount of physical and e-book format books I own that are unread is probably somewhere  around 1000. I would have to read 300+ books a year just to put a dent in my TBR. Unfortunately there is not enough time in a day because I work full-time. :(
10. What do you do with books you that you own that you feel you will never read/felt you did not enjoy?
Actually this is a problem I hope to work on soon. I will be doing a book-shelf sweep and clearing out books that I've lost interest for. I will then donate the books to my local library and give some to a few of my friends.  This task I'm sure will take me days to complete but will be worth it in the end.
11. Have you ever donated books?
Yes I have. I've donated them by the box actually to my local library. The one thing I refuse to do is sale books... I just don't have it in me to charge someone for the books I've brought... it seems wrong.
12. Have you ever been on a book buying ban?
I am on one now. I've been trying really hard to avoid buying so many books lately. I've only been purchasing ones that go along with sets I already own or some that have been on my wish list for a very long time. 

It's providing hard to do this when I visit the library sale room...I used to go there once or twice a week every week. Now I've cut back to twice a month. It's been so difficult for me. :(
13. Do you feel that you buy too many books?
Yes, but as I like to say, you can NEVER have too much of a good thing. I am addicted to books and I am proud. One thing is certain, if a zombie apocalypse breaks out tomorrow...I will have a whole lot of reading material to keep me company and some that could be donated to a fire. Yep... I went there.  
THE END.
Okay everyone that is the end of the Book Buying Tag. Now I'm tagging YOU! I am curious to know your book buying habits, I would love to meet someone with the same obsessive addiction I have. It would make me feel so much better...post your responses in a comment below or do your own blog post/video and leave a link to them in the comments so I can go check them out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment